The Stakeholder Relations Management (SRM) unit, is a unit of Marketing and Communications (Marcomms), responsible for the management of strategic stakeholders in the offices of alumni relations and schools liaison.
The unit applies a variety of integrated stakeholder relations strategies thorough research on key stakeholders, what they require and what we need from them in order to drive a sustainable stakeholder relations programme. The unit is also responsible for ensuring that relations with different stakeholder groupings are nurtured and sustained.
Our focus is on providing various platforms for our alumni to connect and reconnect with each other and with their alma mater; cultivating a culture of giving with our alumni; and creating real-time role models for our pre & young alumni.
Our institution is on a quest to provide a diverse student community, for this we are out and about exercising different student recruitment strategies all over South Africa and within the SADC. We drive a proactive recruitment strategy through targeted school visits; cluster presentations and career exhibitions.
The objectives of SRM are:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with MUT stakeholders, especially alumni and high school learners;
- Conducting operations for building sustainable competitive advantage for MUT;
- Creating brand ambassadors for the University;
- Providing honest two-way communication to our stakeholders;
- Providing regular and consistent communication;
- Canvassing for alumni support towards all MUT initiatives; and
- Keeping MUT customers up to date with developments within their university.
What we do:
- Alumni relations
- Maintaining an up-to-date Alumni database
- Telling alumni success stories
- Driving projects and sponsorship opportunities
- Opening doors – creating opportunities
- School liaison and Outreach programmes
- w flagship projects
- Enhancing our stakeholder engagement efforts