Integrated Marketing Communications – The Empowered Administrators Conference (EAC)
In 2014, the Marketing, Advancement and Communications in Education (MACE) body, awarded the Empowered Administrators Conference (EAC) with a merit award in the Integrated Marketing Communications category. In the EAC, MACE saw an above-par approach towards building a brand using skills and competencies already in place within an organisation.
Created from humble beginnings as an in-house MUT empowerment programme, the EAC is now in its sixth year. To-date the EAC has been attended by more than 1 000 conference delegates from across the world and spectrums of corporations, government, NPOs, Chapter 9 institutions, parastatals and of academia, to mention a few.
The idea of conceptualising the EAC evolved from the notion that office administrators are critical in dealing with external and internal stakeholders of any business. As such, it is imperative that they be adequately skilled and knowledgeable about what the modern office administrator needs in order to become an asset to the organisation.
For MUT, the EAC has:
• Become a major source for the University’s unrestricted income;
• Elevated brand MUT as market leader in responding to the needs of frontline staff in academia, industry and government;
• Employed various marketing and communication tactics to increase the number of delegate registration; and
• Become MUT’s most visible project in with a media reach spanning broadcast, print and online mediums.
The EAC has become a hub for excellence, thought leadership and empowerment for office administrators across South Africa and beyond borders, seeking to enhance their skills in office management and administration; public relations and branding; emotional intelligence and technology advancement.
The EAC has managed to raise a number of sponsorships over the years, and continues to look for opportunities.
EAC Strategic Intent
• Increase delegate attendance by 20%
• Increase sponsorship by 50%
• Increase quality exhibitors by 20%
• Raise MUT and the EAC’s profile through mainstream media
• Increase industry participation
• Increase EAC brand awareness
For more information, go to: www.eaconference.co.za